Everyday Seedy Crackers
This is an incredibly easy recipe to put together. It makes a large batch so I usually make it up once a week to have on hand and use for dipping or just a quick snack. Use this recipe as a foundation and have a play around with adding different flavours such as dried herbs, spices, chillies or parmesan cheese. The nutrition panel information is for the entire recipe and not per serve. This is due to the fact that there is really no set number of servings you get for the entire recipe as it depends on the size of the crackers you break up once cooked.
- 1 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup Flaxseed
- 2 tbsp Psyllium husks
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 cup Boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Once all the dry ingredients are mixed together make a well in the center to add in the wet ingredients.
- Add the boiling water and the olive to the dry ingredients and mix well. Keep working the ingredients until they all hold together and the dough is the consistency of a thick gel like batter.
- Line a large baking tray (44cm x 30cm) or 2 smaller baking trays with non stick baking paper and spoon the mixture onto the tray.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the tray. If the mixture feels tacky to spread then try wetting the spoon.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees celsius) for 30 - 45 minutes or until the mixture feels hardened and crisp.
- Once cooked take out of the oven and let completely cool.
- Once cooked break up until pieces and store in an airtight container.