Eggs in Capsicum Rings with Braised Spinach
This is a great recipe for any meal. Try swapping the spinach with kale or cabbage.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Large Green capsicum Cut into rings
- ½ Small Red onion
- 1 cup Fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup Bacon Diced or cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp ghee or unsalted organic butter
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper
- Rinse the capsicum, remove stem and seeds. Slice it into two thick slices just near the center of the pepper (the widest part). Save the rest of the capsicum for a salad or with your breakfast.
- Grease a non-stick fry pan with half of the ghee or butter and add the capsicum rings to the pan. Cook on one side for about 3 minutes. Crack an egg into each of the capsicum rings. Don’t worry if some of the egg white leaks out, you can simply remove it later on with a spatula. Season with salt and ground black pepper and cook until the egg white becomes firm. When done, set aside.
- In a separate pan, warm the remaining of the ghee or butter and add finely chopped red onion. Cook for a few minutes until slightly brown. Then, add sliced bacon and cook shortly. Add washed and drained baby spinach, season with salt and cook for another minute.
- Place everything on a serving plate and enjoy!