Raspberry Ice Cream
Raspberries are one of my favourite low sugar fruits. They are high in antioxidants including vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, beta carotene, lutein, lycopene and zeaxanthin. Antioxidants are important in human health because they help to deactivate and eliminate free radicals which are toxic to our cells.
- Ice Cream Maker
- 680 g Raspberries frozen
- 150 g Monkfruit Sweetener Lankanto brand
- 50 g Cream cheese
- 225 g Heavy whipping cream
- Place frozen raspberries in a bowl. Leave to thaw at room temperature about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix to combine the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Refrigerate.
- When the raspberries have thawed and softened, place in a blender and puree. Pass through a fine-meshed strainer and discard seeds.
- Stir in sweetener. Mix until dissolved.
- Pour raspberry mixture onto the cream mixture and mix through. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Using an ice cream maker, churn per manufacturer's instructions.